It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the world
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
Forget crime and punishment, the death penalty and public expenditure. The real barrier to human progress is the unrestricted capitalism we allow the mega corporations to practice.

Headlines this morning is that Apple have paid 2% on their profits outside of America; $36 billion raised, $713 million paid. Two fucking percent because they can use tax havens like Ireland while flogging their shitty phones in this country. Fuck that, every penny earned in this country should be subject to the taxation rate in this country. If Apple don't want to pay then they can fuck off, and lose a market of 50 million people. Many of whom are stupid and ignorant enough to buy what they're selling.

One study estimates that there is 80 trillion dollars of undeclared wealth hidden in offshore accounts. Enough, for example, to pay off the national debt of every country in the world.

While successive governments here concentrate on shaving a billion or two off the education or health budgets while making deals to save the mega corporations the same on their tax bills or paving the way for super rich oil barons (who openly treat the populations of their own countries like chattel) to invest. Its the same people submitting their moat cleaning bills to the public purse so it can hardly be a surprise.

Now I'm sure the solution isn't simple, especially as I know fuck all about the ins and outs of accountancy, but as with everything else it is the lack of will to do something about it that's the barrier. Not the fact that nothing can be done.

We'll throw petty criminals in jail but the real criminals are in the fucking board rooms.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 3666
Wasn't it eBay and also Starbucks who were recently revealed to have also paid similar paltry tax rates? All that tax would've really helped this country...



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
Dean Learner wrote:
Wasn't it eBay and also Starbucks who were recently revealed to have also paid similar paltry tax rates? All that tax would've really helped this country...


Others as well. On top of companies like Vodaphone making a deal with the treasury just as the round of budget cuts was been announced a while ago. After that it was revealed they paid no corporate tax in this country despite operating a multi million pound sales.

If all companies and private individuals paid the taxes they theoretically owe (the complexity of the system being a problem itself) it would be a very different world....

According to the Google chairman the UK's tax laws are amongst the weakest in the world. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but some of the stuff going on seems intolerably corrupt.

As a country we piss and moan about a load of mostly irrelevant and irrational shit but the real stories barely warrant a mention in the shittest news outlets. Usually those owned by the tax dodging, unethical billionaires.

Why even bother with things like Welfare reform, which will inevitably negatively affect millions of honest people who are in tough financial trouble and probably do nothing to deter the cheats, when there are issues like this to tackle? It is like pissing on a house fire.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 920
Divide et impera.

Large companies can force states to compete with taxes. And as long as there is one tax haven willing to welcome multinationals and dropping taxes, others are forced to lower their taxes as well. Or just lose the tax income, like with the case of apple & UK.

Another example: McDonalds has had "restaurants" in Finland for almost 30 years. They've made profit (and paid taxes) only one year (and I suspect that was an accident, some accountant probably got fired). Of course they make profit in reality, they just move the profits elsewhere with lower taxes (by buying overpriced french fries, commercials etc. from their parent company).

Haven't checked exact figures lately, but almost half of international trade is between parent companies and subcompanies, done mostly to avoid taxes.

No proper way to avoid this really. There is a set of rules for price of product between sub- and parent companies, but that only works against blatant cheating (say £10m for a box of post-it notes). As there's no way to determine an exact price for something like tv-commercial, this will go on.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
pessimism=realism? wrote:
No proper way to avoid this really. There is a set of rules for price of product between sub- and parent companies, but that only works against blatant cheating (say £10m for a box of post-it notes). As there's no way to determine an exact price for something like tv-commercial, this will go on.


Maybe not within the existing system but no way at all? I don't buy that for a second. Certainly a massively complicated issue with no easy fix but mitigating the effect is surely within our reach.

There are countries in this world that have more registered companies that citizens. Those companies exist solely for the purpose of providing a tax avoidance method. Just ban companies from non treaty members operating in your shores for a start; make them liable for a double tax hit by refusing to accept accounts from those arms of the businesses. Then watch all these Romanian companies close overnight.

For the rest put a tarrif on over seas transactions from countries with a lower corporate tax rate. You want to sell shit here? Then be prepared to pay for the privilege. Just as the rest of us have to for living here.

As a country we apparently have no problem banning website access to sites judged to have breached UK law. Ie for copyright violations of domestic law. Do the same for tax avoidance, but treat it as seriously as it deserves to be.

Maybe that wouldn't work, maybe I'm talking shit and would certainly be willing to defer to experts on the issue. Surely though, the level of disparity between expected and received payments represents one of the biggest problems in the modern world. Particularly a world paralysed by a global recession caused by the same type of fucking people.

Instead capitalism is still revered as the sacred calf. Right wing nutters will tell you it's abhorrent to regulate the market (even though we have to regulate in order for a "free market" to exist, by restricting monopoly) but it's fine to control how people live their lives, even what they think. They'll tell us we live in a Christian country undergoing moral collapse which is the one of the most offensive things I've heard in years as well as the stupidest and most irrational. I don't understand it.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 920
sorry, my tone was a bit too pessimistic. The sort of ideas you gave could (and should) be done, but right now the multinational companies seem to have the upper hand.

Right wing nutters would happily "solve" the problem by stopping taxation completely. Bizarre really how unregulated capitalism has become the sacred calf as you say. The "logic" given is always along the lines of "communism failed, anything but free capitalism is communism, let's not regulate the market at all". banghead

Right then, how come a country like Finland (hundred years ago one of the poorest in Europe) has become one of the richest in the world? High taxes, free education, cheap health care and extensive social security, state actively subsidizing industry when it's needed. Oh fuck that, that's socialism. Wonder how ridiculously rich we'd be if we hadn't decelerated our development by socialism? banghead


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
pessimism=realism? wrote:
Right wing nutters would happily "solve" the problem by stopping taxation completely. Bizarre really how unregulated capitalism has become the sacred calf as you say. The "logic" given is always along the lines of "communism failed, anything but free capitalism is communism, let's not regulate the market at all". banghead


Aye, thank you America.

And thank you god. The most irrational of the "free countries" has to be the world super power does it? lmao

Some of the stuff people like Hoover and McCarthy got away with was unbelievable.

Quote:
Right then, how come a country like Finland (hundred years ago one of the poorest in Europe) has become one of the richest in the world? High taxes, free education, cheap health care and extensive social security, state actively subsidizing industry when it's needed. Oh fuck that, that's socialism. Wonder how ridiculously rich we'd be if we hadn't decelerated our development by socialism? banghead


The so called Nordic model isn't it? A list of countries with a higher GDP, better standards of living and faster growing economies than either the UK or the US. Sounds like you're doing something right lmao

Less than a third of your over 60s are still in work which is much lower than here as well. But the Tories are telling us we're in the shit because our attitudes to hard graft lack behind the world. :angry-tappingfoot:

I used to joke about the revolution but now I'm thinking of starting one Smoke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 3666
Swampy the revolutionist.



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
Congratulations. Now you'll be among the first against the wall Smoke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 920
ScottR wrote:
Quote:
Right then, how come a country like Finland (hundred years ago one of the poorest in Europe) has become one of the richest in the world? High taxes, free education, cheap health care and extensive social security, state actively subsidizing industry when it's needed. Oh fuck that, that's socialism. Wonder how ridiculously rich we'd be if we hadn't decelerated our development by socialism? banghead


The so called Nordic model isn't it? A list of countries with a higher GDP, better standards of living and faster growing economies than either the UK or the US. Sounds like you're doing something right lmao

Less than a third of your over 60s are still in work which is much lower than here as well. But the Tories are telling us we're in the shit because our attitudes to hard graft lack behind the world. :angry-tappingfoot:

I used to joke about the revolution but now I'm thinking of starting one Smoke


Yeah, that's what it's called. But fast becoming a footnote in history books. For the last twenty years there's been heavy cuts on public spending, health care is already seriously underfunded and education is quickly following.

"Tax cuts will improve economy" has been the mantra. And "privatisation and competition will mean cheaper and better services". Has it worked? Has it fuck. And when it doesn't work, the solution is always to cut taxes even more and privatise even more. We're quickly destroying everything good in this country. Just because we want to imitate all things American (hasn't anyone noticed how even Americans changed their health care towards our system, as theirs was ridiculously expensive and ineffective) banghead

Sad thing is that it seems impossible to sell the old idea which has worked to voters. Even the poor are voting the right, and every party has jumped several steps to the right (our version of tories used to support state funded health care and education, these days most parties are ready to privatise health care at least partially). Well, at least right wing is still ready to subsidize industry by tax reliefs, and even direct funding when banks are concerned workid

If I won't start a revolution, I'll start a bank. Free capitalism and legalized robbery when times are good, when recession comes socialism is the answer (the sort of socialism whereby they'll bail out the banks and let the poor pay the bills) :banana-linedance:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
pessimism=realism? wrote:
"Tax cuts will improve economy" has been the mantra. And "privatisation and competition will mean cheaper and better services". Has it worked? Has it fuck. And when it doesn't work, the solution is always to cut taxes even more and privatise even more.


Has it ever worked in normal circumstances? There is not a single instance of privatisation improving things in this country and there have been plenty of examples since the Thatcher era. Other than the fact that people complain less when the private sector fucks things up as they aren't held to the same standards for some reason. When British Rail were putting ticket prices up a few quid there was almost a civil war. Now they go up 15% a year and people just accept it with a bit of grumbling when the local news cameras are shoved in their face... and we're still subsidizing rail infrastructure. Paying far more, in fact, then we ever did before (In 1991 public subsidies to the rail industry was ~£400m a year, in 2006 in hit £6bn a year). On top of that a report on the state of our system found that we were something like 40% less efficient than other countries in Europe who had a nationalized service. Safety standards were instantly destroyed and there were three big, fatal crashes in the early years meaning the infrastructure arm was renationalized as a solution. Essex

Train drivers earn around 40 grand a year now, which is about £15k above average and more than a newly qualified doctor who has studied and worked like chattel for years. They work a four day week, 35 hours and get 8 weeks off a year and a bunch of perks like free and reduced cost travel. Since its a piss easy job there are about 300 applications for every post.

Can you imagine that type of thing being tolerated in the public sector or under British Rail as it was? Corresponding with the inflated costs to the public purse? There'd have been fucking lynchings over it; but poor pay and conditions were one of their continual problems to service improvement with British Rail as there was too much political resistance to raising the basic salary from 12 grand. You literally couldn't make the required levels of idiocy up.

It has happened the other way round but only once I can think of. Firemen, who also get paid a brilliant salary, are in the public sector and likewise get hundreds of applications for every vacant post. The hero worship they get makes them pretty much immune to the public sector rape effect. That was one strike I definitely did not support, the grasping bastards. Smoke

All part of the pseudo scientific pursuit of economics sadly. Pretty sure in science you aren't supposed to ignore the observable evidence though. The modern day equivalent of phrenology lmao

Can you believe these dumb fuckers in power still think privatisation is the panacea? What rock have they been hiding under?

Quote:
We're quickly destroying everything good in this country. Just because we want to imitate all things American (hasn't anyone noticed how even Americans changed their health care towards our system, as theirs was ridiculously expensive and ineffective) banghead


I work for the NHS and like an argument. That's a pretty funny mix when there are people telling me how bad the health service is and how far behind America we are. The shit people believe without any actual basis in fact.

A few months back the Tories reduced the wage of a civil service department to bring their pay in line with the private sector in that area. Mutual back slapping and self congratulations all round.

A doctor friend of mine then said she was looking forward to them bringing her salary in line with what she could earn privately which is about ten times what she earns now. It doesn't work the other way round of course, and not a single public figure made that point.

As we've seen on this board and life in general, the minute money is a bit tight the instant reaction is to take it from the public sector. Either from service cuts, or cuts to pay and pensions. Meanwhile the rich stay rich and hide their money offshore to make sure.

Quote:
If I won't start a revolution, I'll start a bank. Free capitalism and legalized robbery when times are good, when recession comes socialism is the answer (the sort of socialism whereby they'll bail out the banks and let the poor pay the bills) :banana-linedance:


"The best way to rob a bank is to own one" - Prof W Black lmao lmao lmao

Same bloke who said there are several senior financial figures in this country who should be in jail. I struggle to disagree with him Smoke

I've moved from the centre to the left in spectacular fashion over the last few years. Isn't it supposed to be the other way round as you get older as youthful idealism is eroded? lmao


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
As I'm always banging on about how stupid the public are I'll balance myself out and give credit to our nation

Quote:
The public are quite clear – they want rail renationalised. A 2009 poll showed 51% back the renationalisation of rail, including a third of Conservative voters. Just 11% back the current model. Rail privatisation has failed in the most unequivocal terms.

The public can see it, the unions can see it and the taxpayers can see it. The only people who can't are the firms profiting from the mess and their supporters in parliament. Our national health service is now hurtling down the same broken track.


So maybe a third of Tory voters aren't the ridiculous spacktards they appear to be and the majority have actually realized how shit our system is. There's hope for the planet yet Smoke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm
Posts: 920
What I've read about the privatization of British Rail, it seems a classic example. Apart from everything you told, there's also the major problem that there's no competition right now. What sort of free market is that? workid


Encouraged by your brilliant example, Finland is also privatizing rails. First step was to divide train company and infra company from each other. Which surely helped a great deal, why they can't work together as one coherent unit? Serious lack of funding for infra side has meant major reliability problems and as usual, the expected outcry against public sector.

Granted, the train company has also made some major fuck-ups, but the biggest problem as far as I can see is the poor condition of rails. Second biggest is the redevelopment they've made on ticket selling systems (website, vending machines on stations) which failed spectacularly, the software is quite possibly the worst in the world. The funny bit comes here: as the state train company is supposed to work as any private company these days, they ordered the software from private sector company. Company delivered shit and overpriced product which resulted in... (can you guess?) .... massive outcries how the public sector can do nothing right lmao

The second step of privatization is to open cargo traffic for competition (thankfully, passenger traffic will be state monopoly for at least 6 more years). So far only one company has announced plans to start cargo traffic. However, they've said it will be delayed. The reason being that state company refuses to rent them trains on cheap prices. And now they're threatening to take state rail to court unless they agree a cheap rent. You couldn't make this shit up lmao Watch this space, free market will provide more comedy gold.

I've been on the left all my life, though started to drift towards centre few years ago. Thankfully I've seen sense again Smoke

btw, a pet question of mine: Is there one industrial sector in the world that works even remotely close to the principles of perfect competition as defined by classic economic theory?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
pessimism=realism? wrote:
What I've read about the privatization of British Rail, it seems a classic example. Apart from everything you told, there's also the major problem that there's no competition right now. What sort of free market is that? workid


It's the same within the NHS. The Tories tried to introduce fake competition in the 80's and 90's amid sweeping budget cuts and almost destroyed the organization (which I'm convinced is their actual goal despite the bullshit justifications they come up with). For all the shit Blair did his government over saw a lot of recovery from that. We'll be heading backwards again now.


Quote:
Encouraged by your brilliant example, Finland is also privatizing rails. First step was to divide train company and infra company from each other. Which surely helped a great deal, why they can't work together as one coherent unit? Serious lack of funding for infra side has meant major reliability problems and as usual, the expected outcry against public sector.


Free market advocates usually point to Japan as an example of rail privatisation working and it certainly seems to (they didn't divide infrastructure and rolling stock). But in Japan the government remained as the majority shareholder for years and the Japanese subsidize their railways from the public purse too.

Quote:
Granted, the train company has also made some major fuck-ups, but the biggest problem as far as I can see is the poor condition of rails. Second biggest is the redevelopment they've made on ticket selling systems (website, vending machines on stations) which failed spectacularly, the software is quite possibly the worst in the world.


Pointless complicated ticketing schemes have been condemned in officially enquiries over here as well. Looks like you're going for a direct copy lmao

Quote:
The funny bit comes here: as the state train company is supposed to work as any private company these days, they ordered the software from private sector company. Company delivered shit and overpriced product which resulted in... (can you guess?) .... massive outcries how the public sector can do nothing right lmao


Did my masters dissertation on IT projects in the NHS. Same conclusion basically....

Guess which political party laid down the current rules for tendering in the NHS based on competition being the goal? lmao

Quote:
btw, a pet question of mine: Is there one industrial sector in the world that works even remotely close to the principles of perfect competition as defined by classic economic theory?


All with the caveat "As far as I know..." but

Almost certainly not as the premise behind classic economic theory includes people as "rational agents". Pretty lacking in insight when first created that assumption is farcically stupid in this day in age.

Have you heard of the fair split test?

Assume I give you £100 with the only stipulation that you must split it with your friend.

If your friend was a "rational agent" in classical theory would be expected to accept a £1 split, leaving you with £99 as they have made £1 without expending any effort.

Now, does that sound like any person you know? lmao

Unsurprisingly experimental data proved what it obvious. That humans aren't "rational agents". Essex


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
A whistle blower suggesting that energy suppliers have been manipulating the wholesale price of gas in the same way the banks fixed the libor rate.

Huzzah the free market lmao


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 pm
Posts: 5177
ScottR wrote:
Forget crime and punishment, the death penalty and public expenditure. The real barrier to human progress is the unrestricted capitalism we allow the mega corporations to practice.

Headlines this morning is that Apple have paid 2% on their profits outside of America; $36 billion raised, $713 million paid. Two fucking percent because they can use tax havens like Ireland while flogging their shitty phones in this country. Fuck that, every penny earned in this country should be subject to the taxation rate in this country. If Apple don't want to pay then they can fuck off, and lose a market of 50 million people. Many of whom are stupid and ignorant enough to buy what they're selling.


lmao

What they're doing is perfectly legitimate, it's a free market, how can emerging nations ever compete?

Do you want the World to be like La Liga or the SPL? As long as you're Celtic or Barcelona?

Daft specky cunt :snooty:



_________________
The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
What they're doing is perfectly legitimate, it's a free market


Yes, well that's the point and the problem lmao

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
, how can emerging nations ever compete?


How can they ever compete in the "free market" when their economy is owned by Western corporations you knacker? lmao

Why would I ever even accept the premise that they have to compete anyway? Again, that's the point lmao

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
Do you want the World to be like La Liga or the SPL? As long as you're Celtic or Barcelona?

Daft specky cunt :snooty:


No. I want a world where 95% of the wealth is not in the hands of 1% of the people which is what the "free market" has created. For a start.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am
Posts: 2132
ScottR wrote:
As I'm always banging on about how stupid the public are I'll balance myself out and give credit to our nation

Quote:
The public are quite clear – they want rail renationalised. A 2009 poll showed 51% back the renationalisation of rail, including a third of Conservative voters. Just 11% back the current model. Rail privatisation has failed in the most unequivocal terms.

The public can see it, the unions can see it and the taxpayers can see it. The only people who can't are the firms profiting from the mess and their supporters in parliament. Our national health service is now hurtling down the same broken track.


So maybe a third of Tory voters aren't the ridiculous spacktards they appear to be and the majority have actually realized how shit our system is. There's hope for the planet yet Smoke


So 49% of the population is made up of profiteers and politicians lmao

For what it's worth, I don't give a fuck. I don't use the trains often enough to have much of an opinion but whenever I do I find it a thoroughly enjoyable way to travel.

I expect better from you Geps.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
Ramdawg wrote:
So 49% of the population is made up of profiteers and politicians lmao


Yet another inference you've invented from thin air then? Never a post of yours goes by without a false dichotomy or two do they? lmao

Quote:
For what it's worth, I don't give a fuck. I don't use the trains often enough to have much of an opinion but whenever I do I find it a thoroughly enjoyable way to travel.


I don't use the trains often but as a human being with eyes and a brain I'm perfectly capable of finding and then judging the empirical evidence. The willingness to do that stems from the responsibility that comes with the right to vote.

Along with the practical necessity of taking an interest caused by a government who openly wish to reproduce the disasters of the 80's and 90's.

As for "not giving a fuck", I do actually care how my contributions to the exchequer are spent. Especially when a bunch of right wing tards are on a mission to cut services instead of raising revenues referencing their faith based systems for justification and ignoring empirical data (like blaming the unions lmao lmao lmao ).

Surely every adult in this country should be asking why our subsidies to the rail sector have increased massively even as ticket prices spiral out of control (and train operating companies report huge profits) while spending in real terms on health care and other public services has fallen. Obviously not, even though our economy is on its knees workid

Quote:
I expect better from you Geps.


Better than the fantasy position you've somehow imagined I've taken anyway lmao

Why don't you just respond to what I write instead of what your weird imagination cooks up for you?

Here's a hint. It's not me who needs to "do better".

49% of the people talked about in that survey are a mix of politicians, capitalists, the ignorant and the moronic. None of which are mutually exclusive. I have never written anything that would lead a sane, literate person to believe I thought otherwise workid


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am
Posts: 2132
What the fuck you babbling on about now you speccy freak :sleeping-yellow:

I've merely pointed out that you've posted some shit evidence to try and make a point that I don't neccessarily disagree with. You say the public can see it etc, well I would say 51% of an unspecified sample of the population proves fuck all Essex

The forum's so quiet these days I occasionally pop into here to see what's happening but I don't know why I bother. If some aggressive, opinionated leftie fucktard was sat in my local pub putting the world to rights to anyone who would listen, I would definitely sit at the opposite end of the bar workid


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Posts: 2377
Ramdawg wrote:
I've merely pointed out that you've posted some shit evidence to try and make a point that I don't neccessarily disagree with.


That might be what you think, but that is your mistake (again).

Quote:
You say the public can see it etc, well I would say 51% of an unspecified sample of the population proves fuck all Essex


How does that (which is far more reasonable) relate to "So 49% of the population is made up of profiteers and politicians"? On what planet does that describe the characteristics of your reply? Essex

Now. Did I say it proved anything? Or did I merely point out that maybe the British public has exceeded my expectations? Was the opening line not, in fact, specifically in reference to that?

Whether the majority recognize the fact or not, the objective reality stays the same. No survey of the British public will change that fact one bit. So quite obviously the survey was not posted in support of "privatisation=shit", the evidence for that stands on its own. In fact, I expected the majority to support the principles of privatisation. It's what the dogmatic, right wing faith based propaganda has been spoon feeding us for generations after all.

Ramdawg wrote:
The forum's so quiet these days I occasionally pop into here to see what's happening but I don't know why I bother. If some aggressive, opinionated leftie fucktard was sat in my local pub putting the world to rights to anyone who would listen, I would definitely sit at the opposite end of the bar workid


Well this is an internet message board, not a pub. You can be a load mouth cunt without risk of having a broken bottle stabbed into your face by some thin skinned mentalist. lmao

Reasonable discussion online is rare and it never happens when someone's opening gambit is to post a load of bullshit about what their opponent has said. Like I said, I'm up for a rational discussion but I'll revert to my default position of being a bellend absent that. Quite happily Smoke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am
Posts: 1092
G8 will sort it out for ya


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: High Horse Mk IV The real problem in this country/the world
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:12 pm
Posts: 3
Location: USA
i hope this post is ok.im sure the mods will remove it if it isnt :-but the world to me seems to not be going to well lately?its all falling apart, and loads of people havent got anything no more?because they trusted the bankers? government. etc.i suggest. let us aspies/ autisticsrun the world for just three months?three months wont make no difference to them surely?and it would be interesting to see if wed make a difference?if after three months weve messed it up more than them.. they can have it back?i think it would be cool to give it a try?anyone agree?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Posts: 5504
Location: What about the barely bloody drinky-winky?
Somebody round up Duncan Smith, Hunt, Cameron, Osborne and May please. I'll fetch the big razor Smoke



_________________
Image
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:36 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 3666
Interesting reading this five years on. Nothing has changed.

Labour's manifesto addresses the bulk of these problems and is a real opportunity for change...but the Tories will win, again. There's no helping people.



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: High Horse Mk IV: The real problem in this country/the w
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:29 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Posts: 5504
Location: What about the barely bloody drinky-winky?
The right's control of the mainstream media, especially now they've got BBC news by the bollocks, is the most frustrating thing I think. What the cunts are doing to the NHS, for example, would have wiped them out not that long ago. Fucking depressing.



_________________
Image
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron