What a post

All the craic
Forum rules
Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.
Steeronymus Gerkin

What a post

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Old Manorpark ex of here has just posted this on N-O. He's a legend :bow-blue: I'm sure he won't mind me sharing it here, as long as I don't mention cats :angry-nono: :whistle:
Manorpark wrote:No indeed, 1969 was definitely NOT "63 years ago" . . .

1969 European Fairs Cup Win : a HISTORIC YEAR in the long and illustrious history of NEWCASTLE UNITED FC . . .

Image Image

These next two photos show a "Framed and Signed Photo" of our Fairs Cup Winning Team, that was recently sold on eBay . .

The following season (1969/70) for our away match at Nottingham Forest there was a great photo of Alan Foggon and Tommy Gibb holding the Fairs Cup aloft, on the cover of the Match Programme . . .

Also the following Season - The "Newcastle United Supporters Club OFFICIAL HANDBOOK for 1969/70", talking mostly about 'last seasons Fairs Cup Win', of course . . .

Here is another Match Programme Cover (from MANY years later) which also featured our Fairs Cup Winning Team on its cover. it was for our UEFA Cup Match (the successor tournament to the 'Fairs Cup') on 16th March 2005, against 'Olympiacos'. The reason the Fairs Cup winners were on this 2005 programme cover is because this match was our 100th match in Eurpoean Tournaments . . .

ROUND BY ROUND . . .

The 1968/1969 European Fairs Cup Tournament, described "round-by-round" . .

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The BOOK - 'Our Fabulous Fairs Cup', by the players who won it . .

The BOOK - 'The 1968-69 Fairs Cup Story' - by Jim Jeffrey . .

The FINAL - A 'Home Leg Programme', and a 'Home Leg Ticket' . .
ImageImage

ONE of the most 'dramatic' events of that 1968/69 European Fairs Cup winning season, was the home leg (and associated 'riot') of the Semi-Final against Glasgow Rangers. Here are some photos taken that evening . .

Another rare site, a ticket for that Rangers Semi-Final at St James' Park . .

NOW - SOME MISCELLANEOUS FAIRS CUP PHOTOGRAPHS, MANY TAKEN WITH THE PUBLIC AS THE CUP 'TOURED THE REGION' IN 1969 . . .

Wyn Davies with the Fairs Cup, in 1969 . .

John Craggs (shared 'Right Back' role with David Craig) with his father and uncle - and the Fairs Cup - in 1969 . .

When Wyn Davies (not in photo) attended a publicity event in 1969, he let supporters James Pierce and his pal George, pose with the Fairs Cup. They both have a framed copy of this photo, to this day . .

The Fairs Cup, on a table in the 'Old Hall Social Club in Benwell' in 1969 . .

The Fairs Cup seen at a Social Club in 1969. The precise location/club is not known . .

The Fairs Cup at "Newbiggin Central CIU Club". A Mr Wilkinson (the tall bloke on the left) and friends photographed with the cup in 1969

A proud youngster, holding the Fairs Cup, in 1969 . .

Three youngsters in Longbenton in 1969 - holding the Fairs Cup

This one speaks for itself . .

The below SCAN from one of the following season's (1969/70) Home Programmes, perhaps reveals how some of the above photos with the Fairs Cup came to be taken. SEE the "Pattersons" advert, on the left hand side . . .

Some years later this "Budapest 1969 Veteran" Newcastle United Shirt was made to commemorate the winning of the Fairs Cup . .

I recently came across the below three FAIRS CUP items and photos for sale on eBay. They are all "signed" by NUFC Players, some (eg the JIM SCOTT photo) signed by those that won the Fairs Cup for us in 1969 . .

A "Newcastle Brown Ale" bottle, signed by the Fairs Cup Winning Squad . . .
ImageImage

A 'Souvenir T-Shirt', showing the Team and the Scorers in the Final . .

Here are some souvenir "Fairs Cup Winners Badges" from 1969 . .

FINALLY . . Here is the trophy itself, the EUROPEAN FAIRS CUP, "Our Fabulous Fairs Cup" . .

ALL of the above are original items, photos and articles - many of them from 1969 publications.
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!

Steeronymus Gerkin

Re: What a post

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:46 pm

This is the only thread I've managed to open apart from 'this site should be working' :confusion-shrug: Tried half a dozen others. Forum's dead slow as well.

On the bright side, if it's perma-fucked not too many people are going to notice lmao
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!