It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2018 Summer transfers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 pm 

So apparently Mbemba going out as well as Gamez, Haidara and some others whose contract ends

But Merino now latest to leave and we have apparently a replacement lined up and deals are waiting to be released :o
Ozyaketchup, Sturaro and someone else rumoured

Shame looked quality 1st half of the season and is young.. another Thauvin ?

Sturridge offered to us...
Bas dost and Sporting deals ripped...

another train coming from the tunnel ? :banana-blonde:

Post subject: Re: 2018 Summer transfers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 pm 

I think Mbemba and Merino are quality, shame to see them both go if they do.

Sturridge would be class if he could stay fit, but he won't...

Still think we're going to regret selling Mitro, he'a s kid who has scored goals at every level and his all round game is decent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
I think Mbemba and Merino are quality, shame to see them both go if they do.

Sturridge would be class if he could stay fit, but he won't...

Still think we're going to regret selling Mitro, he'a s kid who has scored goals at every level and his all round game is decent.

yes, shame to see them all go if they go (apparently Mbemba has same "problems" than Mitro, doesnt follow Rafas instructions to the letter), love Mitro me Smoke hope he scores some beauties in WC18 and gets a move to proper club rather than Fulhams

alwasy feel that we are undervalueing, £10,5m for 22 year old spanish U21 innternational, who has established himself (almost ) in PL and Bundesliga.. Mitro 15-20m?

if we were spuds and had Levy, it would be 35 and 60m

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

I find Mbemba very puzzling. Always played well when Rafa used him, in many positions, and I'd say looked to follow instructions to a T. Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 am 

some rumours about his english skills..

i think we need someone tougher top replace Ciaran Clarke lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:27 am 

See they've extended the season ticket deadline? Wonder if that's a sign of fans finally waking up...

Just as well for my young un, he wants me to renew our tickets at circa £1100 I'm thinking they can go fuck themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Out til they are lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am 

tumbleweed

You've never been in Lardarse and you don't live in Scotland Essex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

:teasing-binkybaby:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:06 am 

If only the Stevie Dipshit smilie were still alive, could make this thread relevant again :confusion-shrug:

I'll go with tumbleweed :hand: :shhh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:04 pm 

So Merino out with a clause, now Hayden wants a move South like Ritchie, so another profit :banana-blonde:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 am 

Haven't paid much attention to NUFC news lately but when I have it all seems to be about players leaving. My level of interest is as low as it's ever been I think, since we all know it's likely to be another cheapskate window with Benitez trying to make the best of it surrounded by cunts and incompetents.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm 

Benitez has got to sell to buy lmao :doh:

Amazing, the club's supposedly worth £400mil but apparently we haven't got a pot to piss in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 pm 

Be amazed if he has to sell to buy, seems the idiots are really saying sign the contract and save us or we'll likely relegate ourselves.

Knock yourselves out you fucking imbeciles.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

From .com:

Quote:
What has to be questioned though is just why Rafa has gone on the record again - and was allowed to do so - in the knowledge that his latest quotes would stir up fans and Ashley accomplices alike.

Seeking a confrontation, playing to the gallery or simply reaching the end of his tether - take your pick.

workid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 am 

'Allowed to do so?' lmao Dotcom seem to be suggesting the club should gag the manager so the fans don't get to hear what's going on :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm 

Its amazing what they feel the need to comment on and what they won't comment on.

There should be an alternative universe for daft cunts like them, watching shite lower level stuff under Pardew and Carver, with Obertan and Gosling in every position.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 am 

Shezza's never been to a home game since Hughton was sacked lmao

I've never been to a Fulham home game since they erected that Paedo statue either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Whatever helps you to justify your u-turn on boycotting Smoke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 am 

#IfRafaGoesWeGo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am 

Dean Learner wrote:

Running it like proper football club did that, even though I don't particularly enjoy going anymore, Charlie loves it.

He'll be watching on TV from next season though I suspect.

What is particularly amusing is your pontificating from the arse end of the country after attending shit loads, but justifying it by not trying to get a ticket once a season lmao

If NUFC try, I'm quite happy to put my money in, if they don't, I'm not going to assist Ashley, same as always.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:24 am 

I noticed yesterday the boycott idea has resurfaced like. Back in 2008 we were advocating one in the hope there'd be enough like-minded people to make it worthwhile. That turned out not to be the case right from the off, when the ground was fucking full for the Hull game. I kept mine up for the full three years I'd already paid for bar allowing myself the mackems at home. But it felt and was utterly futile by then, merely a personal protest. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure plenty diehards did drift away through apathy over the next few years (and are still away) but Ashley had no trouble filling the seats with his ten year deal stunts etc.

Since back then I've not been a lot, more out of apathy than anything else I guess. I did go to a few between 2011-2014 as I wanted to watch Ben Arfa play with my own eyes. Went to Reading in the champo season a couple of years back when things looked like they'd changed in the aftermath of the ashleyout.com thing, think that was my last one. I really have no urge to go anymore, not as things stand.

All that said I'd love to see a meaningful boycott - it's as true now as it was in 2008 that it would make Ashley shit his pants. I wonder if the ashleyout lot will resurface? They were very good at getting their message across.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am 
Site Admin

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
Dean Learner wrote:

Running it like proper football club did that, even though I don't particularly enjoy going anymore, Charlie loves it.

He'll be watching on TV from next season though I suspect.

What is particularly amusing is your pontificating from the arse end of the country after attending shit loads, but justifying it by not trying to get a ticket once a season lmao

If NUFC try, I'm quite happy to put my money in, if they don't, I'm not going to assist Ashley, same as always.

I could probably get to about 5 home games a year if I wanted to and that's just from when I'm up visiting family. I choose not to because I don't want to line his pockets. I wouldn't go if I lived local either - I stick to my principles. That's 8 years I haven't set foot in SJP, and about 40 games I could have been to. Don't be one of those fans who turns their nose up at those who don't happen to live within 3 feet of SJP.

Anyway, back on point: There have been too many false dawns, too many "right that's it, we have to do something" moments which are tepid at best. The fans are the club's own worst enemy, where "backing the lads" and keeping up their Saturday traditions are more important than forcing through change at the club. Every time they do get a little angry, they make a new boycott campaign group - the latest one is "If Rafa Goes We Go". Just in time for the school holidays.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:39 am 

I might be wrong as I don't care enough to remember these days, but I don't think I went to a single Pardew/Carver match and never got to witness HBA in the flesh.

I went back after we were relegated when Moncur told me they had all seen the errors of their ways, were going to hang their hat on Rafa (as could we) and run the club properly going forward, letting him have autonomy.

I kind of understood the not backing him in January in the promotion season as we had enough to get us by, but that was the first warning the autonomy line was bullshit. If they let him leave due to their incompetence or outright stupidity, I doubt I'll ever go back, honestly don't enjoy it, other than seeing Pumpa and taking the bairn, I couldn't really give a fuck whether I watch it on tv or I'm in the stadium, if owt I prefer the house as there's no dickheads constantly moaning and talking utter shit, its warm and I turn the cunt off if its shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am 

Dean Learner wrote:

I could probably get to about 5 home games a year if I wanted to and that's just from when I'm up visiting family. I choose not to because I don't want to line his pockets. I wouldn't go if I lived local either - I stick to my principles. That's 8 years I haven't set foot in SJP, and about 40 games I could have been to. Don't be one of those fans who turns their nose up at those who don't happen to live within 3 feet of SJP.

Anyway, back on point: There have been too many false dawns, too many "right that's it, we have to do something" moments which are tepid at best. The fans are the club's own worst enemy, where "backing the lads" and keeping up their Saturday traditions are more important than forcing through change at the club. Every time they do get a little angry, they make a new boycott campaign group - the latest one is "If Rafa Goes We Go". Just in time for the school holidays.

I could swim the channel if I could be arsed...

You've been to games, don't pontificate from the arse end of the country, just because you haven't travelled to SJP which is a chore in its own right.

AshleyOut were brilliant, if this was Liverpool, Lazio or any other club, they'd have got him out, our fans as well as being the biggest asset are our biggest problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
our fans as well as being the biggest asset are our biggest problem.

You're not wrong there like.

I also think by the way that talk of not 'lining Ashley's pockets' etc is something of a red herring. A boycott isn't much about money - Ashley is invulnerable financially, and if the club's finances take a hit temporarily it barely matters in the bigger picture and we're spending fuck all on players anyway. It's about the message it would send. An empty ground would massively embarrass him and it would be toxic for his Sports Direct brand. Imagine what all that branding would look like in a near-empty stadium? I'm absolutely convinced it's this prospect he dreads the most. I can't find a quote but I can clearly remember Llambias practically begging fans not to boycott. It's all about the symbolic value, and the media would have a field day with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm 

It has massive knock on effects as I explained 10 years ago and people said I was talking shite.

How often are we on TV? Do you think the PL would allow us to be on TV infront of no fans, damaging their own brand, would they fuck.

Would players want to come/stay? Would they fuck.

It would be suicide and it is exactly what he fears, he doesn't want to put a penny in and wants to have fuck all to do with running it.

It also causes him to be in the spotlight, getting criticised, which he fucking hates.

Our fans are too selfish and/or stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm 

As you know you're preaching to the converted here. I remember one of the articles I did was quoted and got a few pages on Toontastic (maybe N-O as well, can't remember). Responses were about 50/50 for and against. Then, after all the hoo-ha outside the ground pre-Hull and all the sabre-rattling online etc, I think me, Fatbloke and PGF were the only three who didn't go in lmao

I hadn't thought of the PL angle. You're right they'd not like it but if they've already sold the (worldwide) rights they'd have to rely on pressure on the broadcasters. Makes no difference either way though as either Ashley's branding is not on tv or it's embarrassed on tv.

I suspect for a one-off boycott of a televised game Sky/BT would show it as it would be a big story; for a sustained boycott they'd lose interest and ditch our games. Any of the various possible outcomes screws Ashley so it makes no odds. Actually on this topic, if it could be made to stick a planned boycott of all scheduled UK-televised home games would be a pretty good strategy.

All that said I don't have high hopes for a boycott anytime soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:18 pm 

We were pissing in the wind back then lmao

I didn't go to Hull or waste my time at the boycott, I think I went back for the last few when Shearer came in, so probably about £125 a game it cost me :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 am 

Going back to topic, what a scintillating transfer window we're having so far lmao

Vast sums being traded all over the place and we're doing our shopping on gumtree.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:09 am 

You guys fear losing Lascelles..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:45 pm 

Unlikely I think but he's our most saleable asset and if a big late bid came in you wouldn't put it past them to cash in.

I don't give a fuck actually. We're going nowhere as ever so why care? As it's clear he's not going to be backed, I hope somehow Benitez finds a way round this contractual shit and gets out early. Then we get relegated. It might not change owt but it's more likely to than us treading water as an ambitionless no-mark PL club / free advertising vehicle for SD. Just because we came straight back up the last twice doesn't mean we will the next time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ]