It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 pm 

its not the shape but players (in the back)
needs one CB who go goes up and builds play with "hendo" with 4 central defensive players, didnt see that..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:16 pm 

Someone like the marauding tin of corned beef on roller skates, Maguire?

How about Stones?

Dier?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:32 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:

How about Stones?

Dier?

was thinking Baresi Smoke or Beckenbauer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:

How about Stones?

Dier?

lmao lmao lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

It's more up top where I'm not convinced. I don't like Sterling as an out and out striker. His finishing is poor. The number of times we've seen him miss open goals from balls across the 6 yard box...and he did it again vs Tunisia.

Like you say though, plenty chances were created so no point changing it up after one game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 am 

We're creating chances because of him, Lingard missed the easiest chances, all 5 of the bastards, the one Sterling missed was offside wasn't it, and slightly behind him.

Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sterling are all capable of scoring shitloads and Lingard too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm 

Quote:

lmao lmao

I thought Henderson was good in the first half, but too negative in the second when they matched us up.

It (our shape) will work better against teams who try to come out of their own half now and again.

Quote:
How about Stones?

Dier?

Shelvey Smoke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm 

Think the Mackem mouth breather's best moment came in the second half, great long ball from left to right, taken first time in the box Smoke

Not used to seeing him play passes I can.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 pm 

That was a mint match Smoke Canny game and goal from the ugly lad who Dennis Wise's mate thought wasn't up to PL standard. The 70s tackling was canny as well lmao

Favourite match so far. Croatia probably won't win it but they're going to give anyone a good game and there's loads to like about them. As for Messi, I'd love to know Maradona's thoughts watching that. He had about five minutes looking like he wanted to really make something happen but before and after he mostly ambled round watching the game pass him by I thought. Ronaldo will be laughing his knackers off. Argies are still just about in it like, so I may be speaking too soon :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:17 am 

It's been a good World Cup so far has it not? Some cracking games with loads of goals and talking points. None of the big teams have been especially convincing yet and so far it's probably Mexico and Croatia who've played the best football. Missed Belgium's second game like and only watched 45 mins of France.

All about England today - a comfortable 2-0 win please. Don't fancy a nail-biter v Belgium to get out of the group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Is 6-1 comfortable enough, Steers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 am 

Dean Learner wrote:
Not convinced about the shape tbh, but if we can improve against Panama and go from strength to strength we can go into the knockout with some chance.

Better than your shape Lardarse, creating chances for fun, confidence on the ball, options everywhere, John Stones being John Stones and annoying philistines, what's not to like Smoke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 am 

Very good performance, great finishing and credit to them for keeping their heads under ridiculous levels of provocation.

England aside, the Serbia Brazil game could be a belter this week. Serbia were a bit unlucky v the Swiss, reffing was a joke at times. Mitro was excellent and should have had two penalties at the same time. They might give Brazil problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 am 

In it to win it tonight? Or as boring game as France vs Denmark
Who wants to meet Brazil/Mexico in QF? Or have the "easier" route

When was the bookings rescinded? After Semis?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 am 

You could argue to lose is to win tonight :whistle:

No idea what they'll do but if Kane's starting as they're saying nowt's going to stop him trying to score. Or try telling Vardy to forego what is possibly his only chance in a lifetime to score at the World Cup lmao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 am 

And what is Belgiums stand on the situation, im guessing brave (& dumb) Engerlund triumph tonight only to bow out early next stages and Belgium to the semis easily

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:57 am 

Have faith in wor young lions, even when they go, I suspect it won't be with a whimper like when we normally go out (unless it's the lottery of pens) Smoke

How are Finland getting on lmao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 am 

Finland Still boycoting these bribery championships Smoke lmao
Since 1917

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 pm 

I hope we do well just before they bring in the winter break...and go off playing lucrative friendlies in corrupt states and for their rich benefactors :snooty:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm 

I just googled that winter break thing, didn't even know about it.

MagFinnPie wrote:
Finland Still boycoting these bribery championships Smoke lmao
Since 1917

lmao

Never mind Finny, you've still got Sweden and Denmark carrying the viking flag :whistle: Smoke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm 

I was astonished when Belgium scored there lmao

Three wins now Smoke Why are so many people worried about Colombia? They were shite today bar one good goal and Senegal should have twatted them. Play well we'll beat them, play shit we'll lose, same as Japan would have been.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

I think it becomes a different story in the knockouts. Groups are just about getting through no matter what. Argentina have looked dreadful but I won't count them out now, they're through, they can regroup.

Quite confident we'll beat Colombia but it'll be very tight. I think Spain vs Croatia in the quarters is a foregone conclusion. If I had to pick, Croatia vs England in the semi.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am 

Now the excitement starts Smoke

Compared to Italia 90, we've looked like Brazil 1970 so far, nowt to be afraid of and as I said when we go out, I reckon we'll have at least had a good old go at it :banana-linedance:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
Now the excitement starts Smoke

Not wrong going on the first day like. The Uruguay v Portugal game was brilliant to watch I thought. I even suspended my dislike of rat-face for the way the Uruguay players put absolutely everything into it. That Torreira kid was my man of the match, what a game he had. Cavani probably should and probably will get it though. Best I've seen him play.

Could only watch the France game in snatches being at work but every time I looked, Mbappe was terrifying the Argies. Really enjoyable World Cup this is so far Smoke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:
That Torreira kid was my man of the match, what a game he had.

Arsenal bound isn't he?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:05 pm 

Didn't know when I posted but it seems so aye. Unless someone else comes in, performances like that attract attention.

Can't see an upset today. Have only seen Denmark in that pointless game v France but a draw v Australia suggests they're not up to much and they finished 5 points behind Poland in qualification. Spain will surely twat Russia. I'll stick a few coppers on a Spain -1 Croatia -1 double.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 pm 

That bet went well lmao :doh:

Spain oot, Croatia in by the skin of their fingers. Modric though what a player, missed pen or not.

Also, Martin O' Neill is such a cunt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 pm 

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
I'd gan for France if they weren't likely to implode as usual, but Germany looks strong as do Brazil, Spain probably one too many.

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:
Not had a bet but like the look of France, if the youngsters can turn it on and stop fighting each other for 5 minutes.

Smoke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm 

France is my best winner, Brazil my worst but I pretty much can't lose whatever happens Smoke

I'll be cashing the second one out soon but I'll wait till after the Brazil game at least as it'll go up a smidge as long as they win. I'm slightly down on small stakes bits and pieces bets but I might get that back yet Smoke

Betfair account 1:

Betfair account 2:

Betfred:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 pm 

You bet over a grand on all those? Explain it to me as I've only ever done conventional betting, if France win you're £1330 up? Brazil and £170 down? On the first slip?

What are the columns?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:00 pm 

Think I've asked this before as well :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:39 pm 

On the first one, my stake is £170 (£150 on France and £20 on Mexico a while back). France or Mexico win I win the amount in green you see, any other result I lose my £170 (hence the £170 in red next to all the other teams). I've already covered that £170 though with a nice little four game accy I had up just after I put the France bet on.

Those columns are simply the current odds (blue to back, red to lay). So say I want to put £6000 on Brazil to win - there's only £5481 available to trade at 4.9, so the rest I'd have to take at 4.8 (the next best price available). The loss on Brazil in the second one by the way is offset by the Betfred bet. I had backed Brazil with Betfred originally as the price was better but as I changed my mind after their first game (maybe prematurely) I laid them on Betfair for roughly the same amount. As I laid at a slightly shorter price than I backed I'm ok if they win or lose. France is obviously my big winner.

It's a bit of a mess due to changes of mind to be honest lmao but the smaller bets on Croatia and Mexico weren't because I fancied them to win, just had a good idea they'd shorten right up and bump up the cashout. Worked with Croatia (got 32 after their first game) but not with Mexico as they copped Brazil in the last 16, otherwise it would have.

So in short, come on froggies Smoke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm 

By the way, the two Betfair accounts thing is just because for the France bet I accidentally logged into my old Betfair account that I stopped using a little while back. I think I'd had a few beers when I did it and used the wrong one :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am 

There's no way I would have been able to work that out, thank fuck I didn't give spreadbetting a blast after that bloke on F365 was winning a fortune, I'd have done a Didi Hamann at some point lmao

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 pm 

lmao

I've made it unnecessarily confusing by mixing up the accounts. I've been double-checking everything like, and the laying side of it is a pain. Total mess really :doh:

The big day is here anyway. Hopefully it's not the last. Howay young 'uns Smoke

Page 2 of 3 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next