It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Champo season thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

There was some patter about Bramble on the Tweeter the other day, basically that for 90% of a game he'd be world class, but the other 10%...well, not so good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am 

He was just prone to brainfarts leading to goals now and again I'd say. Though there were spells he was clearly low on confidence, unsurprising considering how frequently he was villified in the local media, and he also got a lot of low level but audible stick from some of our fans.

There was something about Bramble that made any error look much worse than it would by any other player though lmao A clumsiness maybe. But he was really mostly a very good defender, and brilliant in the air defending long and high balls, corners etc. Only Clark now, and maybe Faye for a short while have been anywhere near him for that. He won fans player of the season at both Wigan and the bamps after he left us as well. Anyway, I always liked wor Titus Smoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

I do wonder if he'd have had any England caps if he played like that for a London club. I look at shite like Dawson and think Bramble was better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:26 pm 

Never mind Dawson, Anthony Gardner got a cap as well.

He had the likes of Ferdinand, Campbell, Woodgate, Carragher and King around like so nah. Plus, imagine Bramble completely missing a welly-punt in a vital England game or something man lmao He'd have probably got hoyed in the Tower of London Smoke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am 

Speaking of humble pie, I'm due a Lascelles flavoured slice. He's stepped up alright (based on what I've seen) and there's now a rumour Chelsea are after him. Meanwhile Clark hasn't looked half as good at this level. Surprised me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Good example of the local media being unhelpful - the "rumour" that Chelsea wanted him was exactly that. Something that came out in one rag. Chronicle add it to their shameful content aggregation "live blog" thing and discuss it etc etc, why? We're in the middle of a relegation fight, and it's really a nothing story. Anyone who plays well will be wanted by better clubs. They just love getting their hands on every single little rumour and running it into the ground in the name of clicks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Also, what's our verdict on Lejeune? I think he's alright, does a job, has been a bit unfortunate with some errors earlier on in the year like conceding that penalty. Hasn't helped that he's had a start-stop season, but I think he's decent enough given what money needs to be spent for a higher calibre "name".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 am 

I don't mind any of our CB's actually, think we have a good mix for what we are.

Clark has cost us fuckloads of goals this season, but I can't help but like him; he dished out a mint bollocking against Luton to somefucker not doing their job at a corner, went on for ages Smoke

Lascelles is good when he just does the basics, they're his strengths, wish Tiote had learnt that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 am 

Same here really, we've certainly had far worse combinations loads of times. Feel sorry for Mbemba like, I think he's a canny player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Mbemba is a strange one. Felt he's also done well when asked to play LB too. But he's clearly not in Rafa's plans.

Page 3 of 3 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3