Champo season thread

All the craic
Forum rules
Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.
1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Re: Champo season thread

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:21 pm

I had high hopes for Fat Sam despite hating the fat shit, we looked organised and professional early doors, twatting Bolton 3-0 in his first game, downhill from there lmao

I was hoping Peter would reappear a couple of weeks ago like, I'm told he's off the drink :doh:
The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Wish he would come back, most entertaining if nowt else lmao Wonder if he was paid off or warned off or owt? He must have plenty of dirt on a few big names.

My most vivid memory of FSA is that Portsmouth game we leaked 3 in 10 minutes or something. He'd been sat all smug in the posh seats with Mort, then came scurrying down and hauled off Cacapa barely 20 minutes in. Cacapa had made a mistake like but if I remember right my gut feeling was that it smacked more of 'look everybody, it was his fault not mine' than anything tactical.

Next home game was even worse, that absolute shocker v the dippers.
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:42 pm

That Bolton game was 1-3 too, not 0-3...

My everlasting memory of the useless fat cunt was celebrating the draw with Stoke like a win...we twatted them in the replay with 10 men in KK's presence (my 30th Birthday, cheers KK) workid
The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:26 pm

I was at that replay, aye. Proper buzz in the ground there was Smoke

Back to topic, another win and another good day. Getting a bit boring now :whistle:
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:32 am

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:09 am

First setback in a while and were poor by all accounts. Had to come like. It does look like he's kept a few fresh for the cup game (despite denying it) - if he did he's absolutely right in my book all things considered. We've got a decent though tricky quarter final draw and if we managed to win that we'd have a puncher's chance of landing in a final. Got to have a go - even though, as we know, it's bound to end in disappointment lmao :crying-blue:

Not all bad this weekend though. A chuckle to be had at Sissoko not even making the bench and of course the Palace game and Parsnip's continuing misery lmao

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:41 pm

First time in perhaps a decade we've focused more on a cup tie. I forgot the feeling. I'm not upset about yesterday, I think it will help in the long run before players got relaxed and felt it was easy every game without putting a shift in. Rest of the pack keep dropping points too. norwich in freefall since our 4-3 win, now out of the playoff places. They were my tip for automatic promotion.

I'll say this though - I'm really not that high on Mitrovic, he's got cult status and says all the right things but I am not seeing enough solid performances when he does get games. he should be pissing a league like this but isn't.

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:40 am

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened more as Rafa loves a change, but quite happy to just let him do what the fuck he wants as we're fortunate to have someone like him and its a long term project; still think we'll piss this crap league.

Definitely think he has an eye on Hull game and this is the type of game that should see the best of him and has tactical acumen.

Wonder how seriously Hull will be taking it though, do they want a cup run, is it a hindrance to surviving, or are they of the opinion that it can create much needed momentum and aid it.

I like Mitrovic, but he was shite on Saturday like and we don't play to his strengths do we, Perez has been the biggest let down since Rafa arrived, had real high hopes for him.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:45 am

Absolutely shit week lmao A reminder from the football gods that being a Newcastle fan is all about pain.

That fucking ref workid As for the cup game, I saw Selz make exactly the same error in the game I went to, though it never led to a goal that time. Also a couple of times sort of patting high balls anywhere when he should have been catching. I thought generally he looked a bag of nerves. All in all though, we'd have won both games comfortably with even luck, so this week's nowt to worry too much about.

Got to agree on Perez as well. Poor for a year or more. I was hoping for a lot better from Diame as well.

MagFinnPie

Post by MagFinnPie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 am

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:Absolutely shit week lmao A reminder from the football gods that being a Newcastle fan is all about pain.
lmao

haven't felt that much for a long time than during that ref-game on Friday , my god the standard of the ref banghead
it seems that he had massive bets for Forest, so many that looked going the other way at least with B&W specs on..
Home............. Away
G W D L F A P---G W D L F A P
5 2 1 2 4-3 7---2 2 0 0 3-0 6

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:46 pm

And yet another bad performance from Mitrovic I thought. Barely looked interested. .com have it nailed on.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:37 pm

I think dotcom are wildly over the top going out of their way to single out and slag off a bloke who's come on in the fucking 87th minute at the end of a game like that. Fuck me.

But we know they've got a thing about players who gee the fans up for some reason as they used to fucking hate Saylor for it as well (meanwhile sucking Captain Wantaway's cock despite the fact he was first down the tunnel game in, game out, and shite every other week for two or three seasons).

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:35 am

Mike Bolam likes to dig out a player, shame he didn't notice Pardew...

Shame they didn't have such strong opinions when Mike Ashley was running the club as we should never allow.

Pick on the guy who gets 3 minutes and has 5 goals in 6 starts this season, great stuff.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Perfect reaction to that bad week really. Two comfortable wins, one a walk in the park, the other not fluent but still never in danger. Nine clear of third with Burton next then a fair enough set of fixtures owa Christmas. Might start counting chickens soon :whistle:

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:43 am

No doubt now after those post-match remarks Benitez has got the hump about no signings in the window.

Oh well, back to normal we go lmao

Edit: and I see this morning the knives are back out for Graham Carr, led by Ryder the fucking bellend:
Rafa Benitez finds himself in the middle of unwanted transfer power struggle

If Dennis Wise telling Kevin Keegan what type of players could do the business for Newcastle United was bad, then chief scout Graham Carr showing the way for Champions League winner and serial trophy collector Rafa Benitez surely now seems questionable.
Thick as he is, Ryder must know fine well Carr doesn't decide who we sign, fucking twat.

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:24 pm

I think it's all massively overblown. We're still in a great spot, with the best squad, and just need to get out of our rut and push on. Another good run like the one we had pre-Xmas and we'll be up. January is a hard window to operate in, usually have to pay over the odds, I think Rafa probably wanted a loan or two in (Galloway, Loftus-Cheek, someone like that) and so may be a bit peeved at that, but with Mbemba/Atsu back soon, Diame already back, Gayle almost fit, I really think we just need to get our heads down and win the fucking games.

There is such a negative attitude at the moment, led by the media who feel the need to whip up the hysteria to generate their clickbaity website. By all accounts the mood in SJP was negative last night. I don't find it surprising that our home form isn't nearly as good as it should be - yes, teams treat the visit like a cup final game, but the fans are not playing their part.

That said, I am concerned about some performances. Lascelles was shocking last night and seems to have lost confidence. Perez was absolutely awful and has not had a good season, hard to think he was the player Spurs wanted to pay decent money for...expected him to piss this league, especially under Rafa's tutelage, but he's done anything but.

People will always question Rafa's decisions and rotation, we need to trust him. However, I do think now more than ever, particularly since we're out of the cups, we need to pick the right 11 and stick with it, both home and away.

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Just as my son has become football daft, I'm going to have to tell him all about Mike Ashley aren't I.

He'll be off if they piss him about, assuming the worst of them and the best of Rafa as its most likely, he'll want to do it with us in the PL, not for them, but for us and himself.

You know what if he does, I'll love him for it. I'll be away and the whingers can have the club they deserve.

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

You wouldn't think it, such is the whinge factor, but win on Saturday and we have the same points tally as when we pissed it in 2010.

Same gap to third as then too.

Some fucking loons out there.

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:50 pm

1 Malooga 4 Lugas wrote:You wouldn't think it, such is the whinge factor, but win on Saturday and we have the same points tally as when we pissed it in 2010.

Same gap to third as then too.

Some fucking loons out there.
Aye, just hope we do win and put this poor run to bed.

I think the league is more competitive this time round than 2010, and we didn't have any bad runs (that I can remember, may be selective memory) last time round either. I don't think we've been at our best since December.

All that said, I'm sure we'll be fine.

MagFinnPie

Post by MagFinnPie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Hes smiling Smoke

or is that fuck off Ashley, im oot grin :confusion-shrug: :crying-blue:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/foo ... -1-8370185

Smoke Staying :bow-blue:
Home............. Away
G W D L F A P---G W D L F A P
5 2 1 2 4-3 7---2 2 0 0 3-0 6

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Aye, just hope we do win and put this poor run to bed.

I think the league is more competitive this time round than 2010, and we didn't have any bad runs (that I can remember, may be selective memory) last time round either. I don't think we've been at our best since December.

All that said, I'm sure we'll be fine.
Poor run? 10 points from 5 games?

I don't, we had a shocking run of 4 wins in 13 games or something from Dec - Feb, we brought Routledge in then which gave us a much needed shot in the arm.

This league is wank, we should piss it with this squad, what we don't need is massive over-reactions, Fat Arse causing unwanted, unnecessary distractions and players continuing to make daft mistakes.

What the fuck has happened to Perez? He showed so much promise, I'm not sure what he is anymore.

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 am

Wank league, pretty much pissed it aye?

All the meltdowns, cliched horseshit and lack of goodwill towards Rafa pretty embarrassing aye?

Ignore idiots innit Smoke

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Aye it looks done and dusted now. Some absolute shite typed on the likes of N-O and Twitter lately as you suggest.

Have enjoyed what I've seen of it, and really like watching both Ritchie and Clark play in particular. I just hope Ashley doesn't fuck it up come summer and lose us Benitez. Keep schtum and give him what he wants you fat cunt, then let him get on with it Smoke

1 Malooga 4 Lugas

Post by 1 Malooga 4 Lugas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Clark has been mint like, hope we get to see this version in the PL and not the version Villa fans reckon we bought.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Aretha is warming up.

Meanwhile, maybe some better news on Benitez. From Martin Hardy (Independent, and the bloke who recently published Touching Distance on the Keegan years):
Rafa Benitez is set to stay at Newcastle next season, with the club on the brink of an immediate return to the Premier League.

Newcastle moved 10 points clear of third-placed Huddersfield at the top of the Championship table with their 2-1 victory at St James’ Park yesterday, with just seven games left in the campaign.

Benitez will be handed the funds to strengthen his squad in the summer and looks set to retain the same level of control he enjoyed following relegation, when he was allowed to rebuild the first team squad.

The move will be enough to convince the 56-year-old that he can build on the success he has enjoyed in his first full season at the club, thus ending the interest of West Ham, who lost again yesterday at Hull.

Benitez has told friends he is happy at St James’ Park, feels wanted and believes the club can grow into one capable of challenging for a European place over time, if the correct structure is in place.

The Spaniard had been undermined in the January transfer window, when moves for Andros Townsend and James McCarthy were blocked. The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Valencia manager believed he would be given the finances to continue rebuilding the side, following relegation last summer, after raising £30 million in his transfer dealings.

However, increased involvement from the chief scout Graham Carr and the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley led to major concerns about whether Benitez would see out the remaining two years of the three-year deal he signed last summer.

The Spaniard was deeply unhappy at the unforeseen change in control at the top of the club. Previously he had been given the final say on transfers, along with the managing director Lee Charnley.

That provoked suggestion he would leave at the end of the season and he refused to commit beyond this campaign when he was asked at the start of February.

However, he is set to regain the control that proved successful last summer, when Newcastle overhauled their dressing room, and raised almost £90 million through the sale of players, including £30 million for Moussa Sissoko and £25 million for Georginio Wijnaldum and spent near to £60 million to fashion a squad that now looks set for promotion.
Let's hope he's right :dance:

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:53 pm

I really don't think there was "increased involvement from the chief scout Graham Carr and the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley" nor were any moves blocked, I think he just wasn't given the budget he expected so we couldn't get them in.

So long as he stays that's the main thing, but I'm under no illusion we need to make some serious changes to the squad this summer. I'll be more than happy with a first year of 14/15th to consolidate and then push on, but think Rafa will aim for 10-12th which he can do if he can build the team.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:09 pm

I think the likeliest story as far as Townsend is concerned at least is we backed out because Palace were taking the piss on the price. Whatever happened though there's no question at all that Benitez wasn't happy, so hopefully (assuming there's some substance in the Hardy piece) some assurances has been given since January.

We obviously need a few upgrades. Par for the course for a promoted team like but you'd hope for a bit more since we're really a natural PL club whose target ought to be top eight every fucking season even as we are now.

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Honestly, I think we need:

A back up keeper with experience to back up Darlow (get rid of Krul for sure, and probably Elliot. Undecided about Selz but he's been horrible when played)
A leftback to give Dummett competition (Lazaar does not seem it)
Central midfield options (I'd get rid of Anita, Colback, Gouffran)
Wingers (Sammy has to go, I'd keep Atsu but not as a starter so really we've only got Richie and Aarons)
Striker (keep Gayle and Perez, possibly Diame, but that's it. Mitrovic has to go)

Only position I'm "fine" with is at CB, but they are young and will have a fair few bad days. We've got to get some top quality strikers in.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:04 pm

I don't rate any of our three keepers particularly highly to be honest lmao Rather have Krul than any of them even though he seemed to stagnate / decline under Parsnip and that sweaty fat fuck Woodman. Incidentally Freddie Woodman (at Kilmarnock) got rave reviews the other day in a game against Rangers, and he's under a lot of pressure as loads of their fans think their other keeper has been unfairly treated being dropped for Woodman. Still only a bairn at 20 like, although so (for example) was Given when he kept 12 clean sheets in 17 for the bamps before fucking them off for us Smoke

For next season I like Clark, Ritchie, Gayle, Shelvey and Hayden. Flog and upgrade on the rest Smoke I actually like Mbemba as well but it's obvious Benitez doesn't fancy him.

Aye we do need forwards. I like Gayle, mainly because he's a proper pest (reminds me a bit of Bellamy in some ways, though he's not as good). Beyond him, clearly Mitrovic is not for Benitez and after that there's neebody bar Murphy, who's a big-hearted lump and never PL standard really.

Summary: give Rafa £200 million you fat cockney bastard Smoke

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Krul was awful last year when we went down, very average the year before that too. This year I've seen clips of him on loan and he's been horrific. No idea what's happened but when a keeper hasn't been good for a solid 4 years...probably best to move on.

I notice Lascelles is missing from your keep list...I like him, but he hasn't grown and developed quite as much as I'd hoped this year and he's been rather shaky since Christmas. I would definitely keep him but next year might be a tough one for him.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Meh. Wasn't an entirely serious post (£200 mil was the clue :whistle: ). I'm not that sold on Lascelles from what I've seen of him this season to be honest, but he's young, has done canny enough at times and I don't write him off. Mbemba is a better player than him though for me, regardless of what's happened this season. Anyway, I wouldn't shed too many tears if we part-exed Lascelles or about a dozen others for better like lmao

I wouldn't have Lascelles captain next season mind. That should be Clark, comfortably our best and most composed defender. He's looked class at this level - hope he can do it in the PL.

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 am

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:Meh. Wasn't an entirely serious post (£200 mil was the clue :whistle: ). I'm not that sold on Lascelles from what I've seen of him this season to be honest, but he's young, has done canny enough at times and I don't write him off. Mbemba is a better player than him though for me, regardless of what's happened this season. Anyway, I wouldn't shed too many tears if we part-exed Lascelles or about a dozen others for better like lmao

I wouldn't have Lascelles captain next season mind. That should be Clark, comfortably our best and most composed defender. He's looked class at this level - hope he can do it in the PL.
I think Lascelles not having a fantastic and consistent year (it's been good, at times just OK) poses a real problem for Rafa as far as the captaincy is concerned next year. But he's a leader, he's a model pro, no trouble and there really aren't many better placed for it. Probably Clark and...that's it? Ritchie?

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:12 am

Clark has been the real leader at the back man. Lascelles is good at telling people off, like yesterday when he had a go at Mbemba for the Lees goal when himself and two others equally failed to get a challenge in lmao It was also Lascelles who was on Fletcher for the second goal.

Actually, and disappointingly, the entire defence looked shaky yesterday without Clark in it. Only Dummet came out of it with any semblance of credit at all to my eyes. Only saw about half of it like as my fucking phone wouldn't stop ringing :angry-tappingfoot:

Wouldn't be against Ritchie as captain. He's a real hundred percenter and not shy when it comes to saying what he thinks. Always preferred a central player as captain myself like.

Dean Learner
Site Admin

Post by Dean Learner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:Clark has been the real leader at the back man. Lascelles is good at telling people off, like yesterday when he had a go at Mbemba for the Lees goal when himself and two others equally failed to get a challenge in lmao It was also Lascelles who was on Fletcher for the second goal.
That's similar to what I've seen in some of the away games I've been to, particularly Norwich. It was clear that Lascelles fucked up for their first goal that day, but he was lambasting Darlow for not coming out and the breakdown in communication...it was on him, he had to make the decision and fucked it up.

But, he's young etc etc. Agree though, Clark is the real rock at the back and we look different without him. Lascelles seems to perform based on confidence, and his confidence is high when he has Clark there, less so when he's partnered with others.

Steeronymus Gerkin

Post by Steeronymus Gerkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Dean Learner wrote:
Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:Clark has been the real leader at the back man. Lascelles is good at telling people off, like yesterday when he had a go at Mbemba for the Lees goal when himself and two others equally failed to get a challenge in lmao It was also Lascelles who was on Fletcher for the second goal.
That's similar to what I've seen in some of the away games I've been to, particularly Norwich. It was clear that Lascelles fucked up for their first goal that day, but he was lambasting Darlow for not coming out and the breakdown in communication...it was on him, he had to make the decision and fucked it up.

But, he's young etc etc. Agree though, Clark is the real rock at the back and we look different without him. Lascelles seems to perform based on confidence, and his confidence is high when he has Clark there, less so when he's partnered with others.
Sounds like conversations we used to have about owld Titus on here lmao

Titus Bramble or Jamaaaal extra a Lascelles? Titus for me Smoke