It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Loaning players out
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 pm 

Some of these are gash, so I'm not too bothered if they're loaned out - but considering what we've brought in, seems a bit daft.

Article only from 2 days back:-

Quote:
Alan Pardew set to sanction temporary moves for Newcastle United players
9 Sep 2013 10:18
By Mark Douglas

Alan Pardew will allow a clutch of his first-team players to go out in the autumn to tune up their fitness, with Gabriel Obertan and Haris Vuckic among the senior men available

Alan Pardew is set to sanction temporary moves for several of his senior players when the Football League’s emergency loan window opens tomorrow.

The Newcastle boss will allow a clutch of his first-team players to go out in the autumn to tune up their fitness, with Gabriel Obertan and Haris Vuckic among the senior men available to Football League clubs.

Pardew will also assess the needs of Gael Bigirimana and Massadio Haidara, two young guns that he feels need first-team experience to continue their development.

There is a recognition that Bigirimana – who signed from Coventry last summer – needs to get more football under his belt after his form hit a plateau last season.

But there will be no loan move for Sammy Ameobi, who has been earmarked for a major role this season after impressing the coaching staff over the summer.

He has been primed to challenge Jonas Gutierrez for his first-team place, and is certain to play a part when Leeds United visit St James’ Park for the Capital One Cup third round clash next week.

It is the availability of former Manchester United man Obertan, who has failed to break into Pardew’s plans, which is set to interest Championship clubs. The French winger was poised to move to Nottingham Forest in the days before the transfer window, but an injury scuppered those plans.

When he recovers he will be made available again, with a number of second-tier clubs having enquired about him. Middlesbrough had been interested in brokering a loan move for the wide man earlier in the summer.

Vuckic was allowed to train with League One Bradford last month and Phil Parkinson has asked to be kept informed about his progress.

Pardew (left) is a firm believer that the loan market can give players a real chance to improve, and has seen Paul Dummett return from a spell at St Mirren in Scotland to stake a claim in his first team.

But he has also used the system to give players a reminder that they need to improve, with most of the club’s summer loans appearing to offer a last chance to members of the Newcastle squad.

Mehdi Abeid and Romain Amalfitano are surplus to requirements and both have left Newcastle over the summer – with Abeid joining Panathinaikos and Amalfitano joining Dijon.

Striker Adam Campbell will be sent out too after a spell at Carlisle United did not work out for him.

United recalled the forward after he failed to break into Greg Abbott’s plans at Carlisle and want him to go to a club where he will definitely play.

Curtis Good is expected to depart too, with the Australian centre-back having already expressed a wish to get more first-team football. He enjoyed a successful loan spell at Bradford City last season, even featuring in the League Cup final with the Bantams.

“I’m not sure at the moment what I’ll do, but I’d love another loan spell. I’d love to be playing professional football week in, week out,” he said.

“If I could, I’d be looking for a loan, but that’s up to the manager. I’ll just keep working hard here, and try and get closer to the first team.

“It’s always good when you take a step forward in your career. It gives you confidence. It makes you hungry for more. You want to go further.”

You'd think we'd be bringing in loan players.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]