It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Tranny window
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:35 pm 

This is going to be a long list by August like. I reckon I can remember seeing about 10 of these play at best.

Rumours in:

every cunt

Signed:

nee cunt

Edited, but broadly speaking true Smoke

Post subject: Re: Tranny window
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 pm 

:think: is there some made up names in the rumours list?

lmao some never heard ones there

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:03 am 
Site Admin

Not sure why we're after Reina. He was always an average keeper who couldn't command his box especially where crosses were concerned.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 am 

Benitez likes him alright. He's said so recently, and Reina was one of his first signings for the dippers.

Had a look on a Napoli forum and they don't seem arsed about him leaving like. Still, last summer's window worked out decently overall. And I remember plenty (including me) being underwhelmed by, for example, the Clark signing. He ended up our best player along with Ritchie for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:06 am 

MagFinnPie wrote:
:think: is there some made up names in the rumours list?

lmao some never heard ones there

Tammy Abrahams' full name is Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham :shock: Reminds me of that scene in Trading Places.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm 

Nice to able to ignore the bullshit completely and just let our manager do what he does, knowing he's competent.

Been a long while Smoke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:16 am 
Site Admin

Semedo apparently not true, and Abraham apparently being wrapped up this weekend.

I think loans from the top clubs is fine, but not too many that we can't gradually progress with our own players.

I can remember when Rodders and a few others went ballistic at us getting Rossi on loan from Man Utd years back, how we were too big to be doing that or some bollocks......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:59 am 

Fabregas not on the list, no chance or do we, could Benitez have the lure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:41 am 

Never bothered with the Fabregas one as that was just gobshite Colleymore's doing wasn't it?

No chance we'd give him the wages he'd want, and there'll be plenty CL clubs interested if he's on the move anyway I'd have thought. Would be nice like Smoke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 am 

In talks to sign a CB, Florian Lejeune, according to Ronny Gill. They also reckon Reina is not happening and we're looking at Willy Caballero huckle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:20 pm 

Mitro to Napoli, and Reina as part payment ?
Do we have money and pull for Sturridge and would it be wise.. or new EMO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:10 am 

Florian Lejeune imminent rumour has it huckle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'd love Sturridge in, think if they get Mbappe or some other fancy player, he'll be surplus to requirements/want out. We should definitely go for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 am 

Was a big fan of Sturridge a few years back but I'd be worried about the constant procession of niggly injuries he's had over the last three seasons.

A lot of dippers are saying he's lost pace since his younger days as well (Carragher mentioned this I believe), and there's actually a stat comparing him over the last four seasons that suggests this is true. Then there's the £120k a week he's on - doubt we'll pay that kind of money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 pm 

This would be like Michael Owen on sunbeds.

Trimmed baccie pouch...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:57 pm 

lmao lmao lmao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:15 pm 

Fatty Woodman to Arsenal, fuck me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm 

Has he lmao

Must be a move to get Freddie, that or Arsene's GK myopia extends to his GK coach (Cech aside).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:02 pm 

Current transfer window status:

- Lejeune in

- widespread disquiet and sporadic bedwetting about the lack of further signings on the likes of N-O and Twitter Smoke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:
Current transfer window status:

- Lejeune in

- widespread disquiet and sporadic bedwetting about the lack of further signings on the likes of N-O and Twitter Smoke

Getting mildly nervous now, we still need to shift the likes of Colback let alone bring in some quality especially up front.

I was really expecting a huge clear out, it's been very underwhelming but the market is quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm 

Lots of bad vibes about but since I'm not a hippy I'll remain calm till given a reason to start ranting and calling people names Smoke

Mind I didn't like the news that some money man of Ashley's (forget the name) was brought in a few months back, with no clarity on what his actual role is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:02 am 

Steeronymus Gerkin wrote:
Mind I didn't like the news that some money man of Ashley's (forget the name) was brought in a few months back, with no clarity on what his actual role is.

Justin Barnes, Lawyer and another cunt.

Not sure if he's there to make sure Charnley remains accountable or if it is something to do with outside investment, either way, as long as Ashley remains, there's reason to trust none of them and fear the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 pm 

This from today's Independent is not encouraging. Martin Hardy's obviously got a good relationship with Benitez.

Quote:
Newcastle's momentum has given way to mistrust - after a stagnant summer Rafa Benitez's future is now in serious doubt

The rain was still falling and the 1892 Cup - a competition devised by Rafa Benitez - had not even been awarded when one of the schoolchildren, still dressed in his black and white strip, looked up and asked the manager of Newcastle United a question he could not answer: ’Which player will you sign in the future?’

Benitez would later make a joke of the incident, but it could not hide the concern of a city and its manager. Newcastle are floundering and Benitez’s future at the club is now in serious doubt.

The financial drawbridge has been pulled up. Benitez and the club’s support has been left marooned. Even the talk of potential signings are slowing. Benitez has been left isolated. It is not, as the well worn phrase in Newcastle folklore goes, like it was in the brochure.

Momentum has given way to mistrust. Twelve months at Newcastle is a lifetime. It rained then, at the inauguration of the Newcastle United Foundation 1892 Cup, on the same venue, at the club’s academy 12 months ago.

Once again 120 schoolchildren were given free strips and, as Benitez said, created memories they would never forget. “The children enjoy,” he said. “They come, they have their relationship with the club and then it is a positive message for everyone, This link that we have with the community, everybody can feel closer to the club and the city and everyone.

“It costs nothing to make people happy.”

The bonds Benitez tirelessly forged are slipping away. It was no easy task to galvanise Newcastle following their second relegation in seven years under the ownership of Mike Ashley. A fragmented club was rebuilt with haste. Benitez overhauled a squad and he repaired a damaged relationship between the club and the support. Some of his methodology came from Kevin Keegan; changing the personnel, the facilities and opening the doors to future generations of supporters.

Benitez delivered the two ps; promotion and profit and for that he was given promises, about recruitment and spending.

He wanted to hit the ground running in the summer. He was never overly concerned by the talk of a huge transfer warchest, but he was bothered about action, about being clever in the transfer market, about loan signings and finding clauses in contracts and about getting players in whilst others were still on holiday. He even gave up his own, but nothing, bar the signing of the Eibar central defender Florian Lejeune, has been new.

He thought a deal had been done to sign Tammy Abraham from Chelsea and he has pushed for Pepe Reina to join from Napoli. Abrahams went to Swansea and Reina’s future remains uncertain. He thought the problems that stopped him from signing Andros Townsend in January had been ironed out.

There is confusion once more at another U-turn in club policy and there is a growing resentment at the inertia as clubs like Huddersfield, promoted along with Newcastle, have spent £36 million already (to United’s net £4 million) and that the optimism last season’s campaign built is ebbing away.

​Benitez has a long term vision for Newcastle United based around three strands, how the club will be represented, its performance and improvement of the infrastructure and of the players. There is a strategy to change the philosophy of the club, filtering down into the way the academy will play, if he is given time. He has embraced the city and its people and he draws comparisons with his relationship with the supporters from Liverpool, where he won the Champions League and where his family still lives.

Benitez wanted control - witness the departure of the former chief scout and Ashley favourite Graham Carr - but he has been left with none. There are parallels to 2008, when Newcastle bought a central defender - Fabricio Coloccini - but undermined the then manager Kevin Keegan to such an extent that he left claiming constructive dismissal and won his case against a football club he had brought back to life twice.

Those warning signs are back flashing. A clock is ticking. Deals need to be done, players need to start arriving and the coffers need to be opened, as Ashley promised in his statement after a four hour meeting had taken place at Shirebrook, the headquarters of Sports Direct, with Benitez and Lee Charnley (Newcastle’s managing director) after the Championship title had beeen won.

“I’ve confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season,” said Ashley.

It feels hollow.

The real financial bonanza of being promoted will come later this month, when the television money falls into bank account of all 20 Premier League clubs. Newcastle then will start feeling like a top flight club once more.

If they do not start acting like one, there is a very good chance they will lose their Champions-League winning manager.

Fuck me imagine if this summer turns into another 2008.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 am 
Site Admin

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/13/s ... fYXa?amp=1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 pm 

You reckon Martin Hardy just made all that up?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 pm 

Some more fake news for you:

Quote:
“When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

“Hopefully, Mike can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

The fake bit appears to be Mike Ashley being thus far less than forthcoming with the promised backing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am 

An improvement this week with two in. Meanwhile Guardiola has already passed the £200mil mark lmao

Quite staggering the money players are being traded for now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm 

Fucking hell. Sounds like a pre resignation statement :crying-blue:

Quote:
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez is another big name at the Premier League launch and when asked about his future he laughs: "I don't know because my Chinese is not so good." Make of that what you will.

"We made some targets at the beginning and now we are trying to do our best. Sometimes players are not available, we will try to do our best. I am not happy but at the same time for me it is a challenge. I want to do my best but obviously every manager wants to improve. At the moment I am fully committed to doing the best I can."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:58 pm 

Blimey lmao First time I've read these quotes. There's been a few hints from him all isn't well this summer mind.

He's more of a politician than Keegan but if it's the familiar theme of a lack of ambition on the club's part it will probably bring about the same outcome one way or another. I absolutely believe the bloke genuinely wants it to work like, and I also believe his high regard for the fans is sincere. I doubt he's asking for the world either. They should be bending over backwards to get him what he wants considering his calibre as a manager relative to ours as a club these days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am 

You see what Louise Taylor wrote as well? Depressingly rings true which is a far cry from her early days as an anti fan, Ashley apologist.

Quote:
The mood inside the room had turned as gloomy as the dark clouds on view through the windows when someone attempted a joke. “It’s North Korea v the United States,” they said, deadpan. “Just without the nuclear weapons.”

It got a laugh, yet Mike Ashley v Rafael Benítez is a little bit different; less Kim Jong-un v Donald Trump and much more a particularly capricious brand of shortsighted parochialism against a worldly wise grasp of the bigger picture.

Benítez appreciates that the current Premier League transfer-market inflation is “crazy” but believes that if Newcastle United are to prosper on their latest return to the top tier, they must speculate to accumulate.

Very possibly disappointed at his failure to sell the club this summer, the owner is not prepared to banish the threat of a relegation battle by borrowing against future broadcast income. Cue an impasse that has left Benítez fearing a relegation skirmish.

“For us, this summer was crucial,” said Newcastle’s manager, whose side, supplemented by some motley-looking cut-price recruits, face Tottenham Hotspur at St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon. “We needed to bring more players in but we couldn’t get them. This has been a problem; now we have to find solutions.

“We cannot compete against some clubs. Players we were considering buying are going to bottom-of-the-table teams for £20m-25m. To me it’s crazy, but that’s the market. If you want to compete, you have to go into it. We’re in a worse position than I expected, but I still have confidence everything can be fine. I don’t want people panicking if we lose some games at the beginning. We’ll work hard and become better.”

Extraordinarily, Ashley has not spoken to the much-decorated former Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid manager since the pair met in May for their first face-to-face chat of 2017, and this most dysfunctional relationship took another bizarre turn on Friday. While Benítez highlighted his concerns at Newcastle’s training ground, Sky released excerpts from an interview with the Sports Direct owner in which the billionaire said his money was tied up and a lack of “cash in the bank” dictated that he could not bankroll the team.

Benítez never imagined he would be given carte blanche, but did envisage being allowed to spend significantly more than the £30m profit he made on player trading – specifically from Moussa Sissoko’s sale to Spurs – last summer. So far, though, Javier Manquillo, Florian Lejeune, Jacob Murphy, Mikel Merino and Christian Atsu have arrived for roughly that sum, and the manager has been told he must sell before buying again.

Perhaps the biggest mystery is why the 57-year-old remains in his post, but while he is clearly “not happy”, Benítez says he remains fully committed to the challenge ahead.

For the moment at least, an amalgam of loyalty to players, staff and adoring fans is the tie binding him to the peculiarities of Ashley’s regime.

It is the owner’s good fortune that the determination of Benítez’s wife and two teenage daughters to live on Merseyside precludes a move abroad – and that a gifted coach has traditionally performed best when backed into corners.

Yet if his successes at Tenerife, Valencia and Liverpool came at clubs with appreciably smaller budgets and less starry squads than their principal rivals, Newcastle are starting from an infinitely more modest base.

Moreover the increased involvement of Justin Barnes, an abrasive lawyer and long-term Ashley ally, has disrupted the previously harmonious relationship between Benítez and Lee Charnley, the club’s managing director.

Matters came to a head when Charnley failed to secure a loan deal Benítez had arranged for the Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham. Briefly, resignation became an option. “I was working very hard and when we couldn’t do it I was asking why,” Newcastle’s manager said. “Then I said [to myself]: ‘We have this problem and this one and this one, so what do I want to do?’ And I said: ‘I want to stay.’

“We have a whole city behind me and the team. So I said: ‘It’s a pity, but we’ll try our best’ – and we’re still pushing, still trying to change things, to do things in a normal way.”

He is puzzled at Ashley’s lack of faith in his ability to ultimately bring success – and money – to Tyneside. “We want to replicate successful things we’ve done in the past,” said Benítez. “If I’m here and they pay me this salary, it’s surely because they trust me? It’s because I’ve won things and do things professionally.

“We’re not demanding crazy things – we’re just demanding to do things in a professional way, like we did with Liverpool or Chelsea. I was hoping it could be like that here, but, now, it’s not exactly what I was expecting.”

For the moment, though, Benítez’s loyalty remains undimmed – even if his frustration is palpable. “I don’t want to be egotistical,” he said. “But I had two or three players who came here because of me. I can’t let them down.

“I decided to stay in the Championship – a massive risk, because I wanted to be in the Premier League at a massive club like this one and compete at the top of the table. But I don’t know if we can do that now. It’s a problem that teams like Crystal Palace are spending more.”

When Benítez emerges from the tunnel on Sunday memories of a balmy May afternoon in 2016 will come flooding back. After replacing Steve McClaren, he narrowly failed to stave off relegation, but as his doomed side thrashed Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs 5-1, St James’ serenaded him, nonstop.

“Rafa, we want you to stay,” they chorused as the watching Ashley prepared to give his Champions League-winning coach the same message. “It was a massive day,” recalled Benítez a tad wistfully. “It was the day I was talking with Mike about the future – and it was all so positive.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 pm 

The whole business is quite depressing. As was Ashley's Sky Sports media retort to Benitez' recent comments in that obviously Keith Bishop-engineered plastic spoon-fed interview with that fucking toady David Craig. Which really was no more than a bullshit vanity exercise with a fuck you to Benitez and a fuck you too to the fans subtext.

Ten fucking years of this shit and he says he'll be here a while yet lmao :crying-blue:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 am 

nice article that, not anything that mackem-Louise wrote, but just as it highlights how amazing Rafa is
but like Steer said that Sky interview and Ashleys actions was/are utter bs and you can see that we are crashing against the wall and the breaks are gone, so sad..
:cry

should do a poll when Rafa resigns, cant be that dignified or can he, is there a tunnel in the wall ? no cant be ?

No its Joselu the saviour standing in front of the wall :banana-blonde:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am 

I think now it's just a question of how long till the financial straitjacket breaks Benitez' desire to manage the club. He clearly feels let down, and his disdain for Ashley at the end of his post-match interview on Sunday was palpable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 pm 

I doubt any non-insane Newcastle fan had especially high hopes for this window. Good fucking job lmao

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:12 am 

lmao

I thought we would at least get one player in because of all the outgoing activity. But can't say I'm surprised..

At least we got rid of that daft big heed beardy cunt though

Page 1 of 2 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next