It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Everything's fair game, don't dish it if you can't take it, and try not to be too much of an idiot. Thanks.



 Page 3 of 3 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Champo season thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 3669
There was some patter about Bramble on the Tweeter the other day, basically that for 90% of a game he'd be world class, but the other 10%...well, not so good.



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Champo season thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: What about the barely bloody drinky-winky?
He was just prone to brainfarts leading to goals now and again I'd say. Though there were spells he was clearly low on confidence, unsurprising considering how frequently he was villified in the local media, and he also got a lot of low level but audible stick from some of our fans.

There was something about Bramble that made any error look much worse than it would by any other player though lmao A clumsiness maybe. But he was really mostly a very good defender, and brilliant in the air defending long and high balls, corners etc. Only Clark now, and maybe Faye for a short while have been anywhere near him for that. He won fans player of the season at both Wigan and the bamps after he left us as well. Anyway, I always liked wor Titus Smoke



_________________
Image
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Champo season thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 3669
I do wonder if he'd have had any England caps if he played like that for a London club. I look at shite like Dawson and think Bramble was better.



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Champo season thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:26 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: What about the barely bloody drinky-winky?
Never mind Dawson, Anthony Gardner got a cap as well.

He had the likes of Ferdinand, Campbell, Woodgate, Carragher and King around like so nah. Plus, imagine Bramble completely missing a welly-punt in a vital England game or something man lmao He'd have probably got hoyed in the Tower of London Smoke



_________________
Image
What a goal! Ben Arfa beats three men, one of them twice, and unleashes an absolute thunderbastard from close range!
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron